Organizing files in categories & sections
Neatly organizes your files into categories and sections, giving you two layers of organization.
Add new section
Example of a category list
Neatly allows you to separate your files based on specific topics or categories.
Some examples can be:
- Departments, like marketing, sales or legal
- Team-specific categories
You can then invite others to join, view or edit the categories that are relevant to them, while hiding (by not sharing) the categories that aren’t relevant.
Four icons appear when clicking on a category:
- The pencil icon allows you to edit the category name.
- The trash icon allows you to remove a category and all of its contents from Neatly (but nothing is deleted in Google Drive).
- The bell icon allows you to subscribe to a category. You will see a notification in the upper right hand of the screen whenever a new file has been added to a subscribed category.
- The person icon allows you to share or invite to the category another Neatly user (the user must be added to the Neatly account first).
You can further organize files within a category by using sections. Each category can have many sections.
You can add as many files as needed to the different sections.
Some ideas for sections:
- In a marketing category:
- Brand (logo, messaging docs, etc.)
- Events (or event-specific, like a conference or webinar)
- Market research
- Growth experiments
- In a sales category:
- Sales materials
- Training materials
- For an agency:
- A section for each process within a project